Javed Iqbal Biography ( Updated 24 May )
Name: Javed Iqbal
Data of Birth : 1 August 1946
Born City: Quetta
Profession : Retired Justice
Education : LLB degree ( PU ), MA degree in Political science (PU), LLM degree in International law
Chairman of the National Accountability Bureau ( since 8 October 2017 )
Chairman NAB Javed Iqbal scandal leaked full video and audio ( See Video )
Javed Iqbal ( NAB ) Biography:
- Javed Iqbal is a retired Senior Justice of the Supreme Court of Pakistan from 2004 until his retirement in 2011.
- Javed Iqbal acted as the Deputy Secretary at the Law Department in 1981 and later served as the Officiating Secretary Law till 1982.
- He was also honorary lecturer at the Balochistan University (1982 ).
- He was appointed as a session judge at the district court, and gave verdicts in anti-corruption and custom cases (1982)
- He also served as Chief Justice of the Balochistan ( 4 February 2000 ) High Court which lasted only a month. Hewas elevated as a “Senior Justice” of the Supreme Court of Pakistan on 28 April 2000.
- He was appointed to the position of chairman of the Press Council of Pakistan (PCP) on 11 November 2007.
- Javed has heard and led high-profile cases, the case of suspension of fellow chief justice Iftikhar Chaudhry and trial of missing persons in 2012.
- he was appointed the Chairman of the National Accountability Bureau (NAB), on 8 October 2017 By Nawaz Sharif.
(Last Updated: 25 May 2018 )