Firdous Ashiq Awan Biography
Name: Firdous ashiq awan
Date of Birth : January 11, 1970 (Age 49 years)
Place of Birth : Sialkot ( Saidpur )
Father Name : Malik Ashiq Hussain Awan
Spouse/Husband : Malik Amjad Awan
Profession : politician
- Diploma in hospital management(DHM) from South Atlantic University USA
- MBBS degree from Fatima Jinnah Medical College (FJMC)
Firdous Ashiq Awan sacked for embezzlement, misuse of powers . Sources claimed that the former Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Media and Broadcasting Firdous Ashiq Awan tried to take 10% commission from government advertising budget, made political appointments in Pakistan Television (PTV) exceeding its requirement on the quota.
- Dr. Firdous Ashiq Awan has urged the youth to get themselves registered with Citizen Portal to support Prime Minister Imran Khan in national service of helping people during lockdown.
Firdous Ashiq Awan Biography:
- Firdous Ashiq Awan is a physician and politician from Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insa ( PTI ).
- Firdous started her career from Sir Ganga Ram Hospital Lahore (Pakistan).
- She started her political career from election 2002 by contesting on PML (Q) ticket.
- She was elected MNA from NA-286 ,(2002).
- In 2008 Election ,she joined Pakistan People’s Party . She won and was appointed as Minister for Population welfare in PPP’s cabinet. Later given the portfolio of Information ministry in PPP’s regim.
- She resigned from PPP in 2015 and joined PTI in May 2017. In 2018 , general election she lost her seat on Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf’s ticket in NA-72 .