Name: Ashfaq Ahmed
Father Name: Muhammad Khan
Wife : Bano Qudsia
Date of Birth: 22 August 1925
Born City: Sri Muktsar Sahib, India
Profession : Writer, playwright, intellectual
Education: Diplomas in Italian and French languages ( University of Rome ), Radio broadcasting ( New York University), Urdu literature ( GC Lahore )
Died on: 7 September 2004 ( Age 79 Years , Pancreatic cancer )
- Aur drāme
- Ṭāhlī thalle
- Khaṭyā vaṭyā
Who was Ashfaq Ahmed ?
Ashfaq Ahmed was a writer and broadcaster from Pakistan. He was in Muktsar, Punjab, British India, into an ethnic Pashtun family of the Momand tribe. Before independence in 1947, he migrated to Pakistan and settled in Lahore, Punjab.
- Worked in Radio Azad Kashmir
- Got lectureship at Dayal Singh College, Lahore
- Used to write for Phool [Flower] magazine in his childhood.
- Published Monthly literary magazine, Dastaango [Story Teller]
- Script Writer at Radio Pakistan
- In 1962, he started popular radio program, Talqeen Shah [The Preacher].
- In 1966, Appointed as Director of the Markazi Urdu Board ( Urdu Science Board )
- Served as adviser in the Education Ministry during Zia-ul-Haq’s regime.
- Ashfaq also hosted PTV program Baithak (The Guest Room) and Zaviya (The Dimension) .
- Pride of Performance Award (1979)
- Sitara-i-Imtiaz Award
Ashfaq Ahmed quotes about life:
Ilm Aur Amal – Amal, Ilm k liye eendhan ka kaam deta ha. Agar aap chahte hain k ilm ka alaao roshan rahe to is main amal ka tail daalte raho. Aisa na hua to iski roshni maand prr jayegi.Ashfaq Ahmed quotes
Mohabbat – Aik din main ny pucha janab ye mohabbat hoti kia hai? Baba g ne farmaya Mohabbat dusray k andar chupi hui khoobi ka niqaab utaarne ka naam hai. –