wasif ali wasif biography
Name: Wasif Ali Wasif
Nick Name: Baba g Huzur
Father Name : Malik Muhammed Arif
Religion : Islam
Data of Birth 15 January 1929 (
Born Place: Khushab
Profession : Poet, Teacher, Writer
Education : Islamia College Lahore, GC Lahore
Died on : 18 January 1993
Wasif Ali Wasif Biographay:
- Wasif Ali Wasif received his early education from Khushab and then moved to Jhang where he passed matriculation, intermediate and bachelor’s in first division.
- Wasif was good at playing hockey and he received many awards during his school and college time.
- Wasif also wrote for the college magazine named “Ravi” in his college days.
- He also passed the civil service exam (CSS) but did not pursue it.
- He established his own institute named “Lahore English College” near old anarkali in Lahore in 1962.
- He is said to have been cited in quotations more than any other contemporary Urdu writer.
- He was a regular columnist of Pakistani Urdu daily newspaper Nawa-i-Waqt. His column was named “GUFTGOO (گفتگو)”.
Wasif Ali Wasif Books:
- Kiran Kiran Sooraj (Aphorism) 1983
- Dil Darya Samundar (Essays) 1987
- Qatra Qatra Qulzum (Essays) 1989