Peshawar suicide Blast
ANP candidate Haroon Bilour among martyred in Peshawar suicide blast:
The explosion took place in Yaka Toot area of the provincial capital, where the corner meeting was underway ( 10 July 2018 )
It occurred as Haroon arrived at the stage to address supporters. Haroon was contesting the election from PK-78 Peshawar.
Haroon was son of Bashir Ahmed Bilour, a senior ANP figure who was himself martyred in a suicide blast in Peshawar in 2012.
Haroon was taken to hospital after he was critically injured in the blast, however, the election hopeful succumbed to his wounds shortly afterwards.
The Bomb Disposal Squad (BDS) confirmed that it was a suicide blast.
The explosion left 25 others injured, who were immediately whisked to different hospitals.
At least five wounded persons are said to be in critical condition at Peshawar’s Lady Reading Hospital.
Latest News Peshawar suicide Blast ( Updated: 11 July 2018 5:30 PM )
- Daniyal, son of Haroon Shaheed, son of Bashir Bilour shaheed, is not dead but in a critical condition. Praying for his recovery. No family deserves even half what this one has endured.
- Son of Shaheed Haroon Bilour , Danyal Bilour is out of danger now. He is shifted to ward. ( 11 July 2018 )
- 20 dead, 62 people injured in suicide attack are seeking treatment at Lady Reading Hospital, authorities confirmed
- Aside from Haroon Bilour, others killed in the explosion have been identified as Asif Khan, Muhammad Shoaib, Muhammad Naeem, Yaseen, Haji Muhammad Guk, Najeebullah, Abidullah, Huzaifa, Arif Hussain, Akhtar Gul, Imran, Rizwan, Zameer Khan, Asrar, Sameen, Sadiq, and Khan Muhammad.
- Danyal Bilour is sitting on top of the ambulance containing his father’s body. He is chanting, “Zinda hay Bilour, Zinda Hay”.
- Ehsanullah Ehsan, former Taliban spokesman and now with Pakistan military amid questions on his status, claimed
#HaroonBilour was the target of the Dec 2012 suicide attack but it killed his father #BashirBilour
- Massive crowd gathers for
#ANP Haroon Bilour’s funeral in Peshawar