Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor | General officer commanding Okara
Name: Asif Ghafoor
Born City: Lahore
Profession : Soldier
Commissioned on : 9 Sep 1988 ( 87 Medium Regiment )
Current Rank : GOC Okara
Degrees: Master’s degree in strategic studies
Award: Hilal-i-Imtiaz (Military Award )
Rank in Army : Major General ( 2 Star Officer )
Assumed office :17 Jan 2020
- Ex DG ISPR Gen Asif Ghafoor @peaceforchange (Designate GOC 40 Div) met an accident on motorway near Sargodha. Gen sb and his wife are Alhumdullilah safe as the car was under speed limit.
Thanks to everyone I have remained associated with during the tenure. My very special thanks to Media all across. Can’t thank enough fellow Pakistanis for their love and support.
Best wishes to new DG ISPR for his success ( Twitter )
- Maj Gen Ghafoor’s services have been transferred to the 40th Infantry Division (Okara), where he will serve as the general officer commanding (GOC).
- Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor transferred out of ISPR in major reshuffle ( 16 Jan 2020 ).
- Pakistan military has said that madressas in the country will be mainstreamed and the government has now allocated funds to implement the plan
- Finally the truth under ground reality compulsions. Hopefully, so will be about other false Indian claims ie surgical strike 2016, denial of shooting down of 2 IAF jets by PAF and claim about F16. Better late than never.
- Repetitions don’t make truth of a lie. Despite claiming possession of evidence on shooting F16, IAF still short of presenting it. Don’t overlook Pakistan’s silence for not drum beating losses on Indian side. Fact is that PAF shot down two IAF jets, wreckage seen on ground by all.
- Allah be praised, truth always prevails. Time for India to speak truth about false claims & actual losses on their side including the second aircraft shot down by Pakistan. India needs introspection especially over atrocities in IOK. Region needs peace, progress & prosperity.
- Dear Pakistanis u are desirous to put on military style caps/shirts during PSL Final. Pak Armed Forces humbly acknowledge your love & support. Sports are beyond politics & we believe that our bondage is beyond such gestures alone. Enjoy the game in CityOfLights.
- There is only one pilot under Pakistan Army’s custody. Wing Comd Abhi Nandan is being treated as per norms of military ethics.
- In response to PAF strikes this morning as released by MoFA, IAF crossed LOC. PAF shot down two Indian aircrafts inside Pakistani airspace. One of the aircraft fell inside AJ&K while other fell inside IOK. One Indian pilot arrested by troops on ground while two in the area.
- Many people are confusing Balakot with the one in Mansehra district and thinking that IAF reached near Islamabad but this is different location named Bala kote near poonch sector in LOC not in vicinity of Pakistan.
- Indian Air Force violated Line of Control. Pakistan Air Force immediately scrambled. Indian aircrafts gone back
Who is Asif Ghafoor?
Asif Ghafoor was commissioned on 9 Sep 1988 ( 87 Medium Regiment ). Asf is graduate of Command & Staff College Quetta, Command & Staff College Bandung (Indonesia) and NDU Islamabad .
He served as
- instructional and command assignments (Brigade Major Infantry Brigade )
- Assistant Military Secretary MS Branch
- GHQ, Directing Staff Command & Staff College Quetta and Director Military Operations in Military Operations Directorate
- Artillery Brigade on Line of Control
- Infantry Brigade on Eastern Border and a Division at Swat, Malakand
(Updated: 6 FEB 2020)