Asif Saeed Khosa Biography
Name: Asif Saeed Khan Khosa
Data of Birth : 21 December 1954 ( 65 Years )
Born City: Dera Ghazi Khan
Profession : Senior Justice
- FSC from GCU, B.A exams from Government College,
- English Language and Literature at the University of the Punjab
- Master of Laws with specialization in Public International Law
- Founding member of the SAARCLAW
- Incharge Judge of the Federal Judicial Academy, Islamabad
- Chairman, Shariat Appellate Bench of the Supreme Court of Pakistan
Justice Asif Saeed Khosa appointed as 26 th chief justice of Pakistan
- Justice Asif Saeed Khosa took oath as the 26th chief jusitce of Pakistan on Friday
Asif Saeed Khosa Biography:
- Asif Saeed Khosa passed his matriculation from the Multan Board, securing fifth position in 1969.
- He secured first position in his intermediate from GCU from the Lahore Board in 1971.
- He appeared for the B.A exams from Government College Lahore at Punjab University and secured first position in 1973.
- Khosa did his masters in English Language and Literature at the PU in 1975.
- After that he admitted to Queens’ College, Cambridge and did his Master of Laws with specialization in Public International Law.
- He was Enrolled as Advocate of the Lahore High Court on 13 Nov 1979.
- He Enrolled as Advocate of the Supreme Court of Pakistan on 12 September 1985.
- Khosa was appointed as Lahore High Court Judge in May 1998.
- Asif Saeed Khosa has served as Justice of the Supreme Court since 18 February 2010. He was appointed Senior Justice of the Supreme Court of Pakistan on 31 December 2016 .
- He also Served as a Member of the Library Committee and as a Member of the Executive Committee of the Lahore High Court Bar Association, Lahore.
- Asif Saeed Khosa Decided about fifty-five thousand cases over a period of more than nineteen and a half years so far.
Justice Saeed Khosa was considered the most relentless judge in larger bench of the ” Panama Case “.
(Last Updated: 18 January 2019)