Name: Ahsan Iqbal Chaudhary
Mother Name: Nisar Fatima
Born City: Narowal
Birth Day : 28 March 1959
Profession : politician
Party: PML (N) , Deputy Secretary General of PML-N
Degree: Mechanical engineering ( UET Lahore ), MBA( Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania )
- In May 2018, Ahsan was shot and wounded at a political rally in in his home Narowal.
Who is Ahsan Iqbal?
Ahsan Iqbal is a Pakistani politician and part of PML(N). Ahsan attended the University of Engineering and Technology (UET), Lahore to study mechanical engineering in 1976 from where he graduated with B.Sc in 1981. Ahsan Iqbal started politics as president of the student union of University of Engineering and Technology. Ashan was introduced into the right wing politics of Pakistan by Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq (1980 ). In 1988, Chaudhary Ahsan joined Pakistan Muslim League (N).
- 1993 Elections NA-117 Narowal ( Elected As MNA) and served as Policy and Public Affairs Assistant
- 1997 Elections NA-117 Narowal ( Elected As MNA) ans served as Minister of State, Chairman Pakistan Engineering Council , chairman for the National Steering Committees on Information Technology and IQM and Productivity
- 2002 Elections NA-117 Narowal ( Lost the election )
- 2008 Elections NA-117 Narowal ( Elected As MNA) and served as Minister for Education of Pakistan, Minister of Minorities’ Affairs
- 2013 Elections NA-117 Narowal ( Elected As MNA) and served as Minister of Planning and Development , Deputy Chairman of Planning Commission of Pakistan
- 2018 Elections NA-78 ( opponent Abrar-ul-Haq )
Chaudhary Ahsan Iqbal taught Management at the Mohammad Ali Jinnah University in Islamabad from 2000 to 2007 when he lost election.
( Updated: 19 July 2018 )